The Kosova Women’s Network (KWN) awarded grants to eight member organizations through the Kosova Women’s Fund in April. Altogether, 29 organizations applied for grants. Funding decisions were made by the Kosova Women’s Fund Grant Review Committee, elected by KWN members last year.
The organizations awarded grants include:
1. The Association of the Deaf in Prizren, which will organize systematic gynaecological visits and health training for deaf women.
2. Women’s Centre “Prehja” will organize trainings, meetings and public discussions for women suffering from breast cancer in Skenderaj.
3. The Centre for Economic Development of Women in Shtrpce “Ikebana” will involve women in processing and producing medicinal herbs.
4. The Foundation for Education and Development will seek to economically empower women in Novo Brdo Municipality by building their
business skills and providing equipment for drying and processing fruits, pastries and sweets.
5. Gruaja Hyjnore (Divine Women) will empower women in Gjilan through workshops on gender equality, women’s rights to property
inheritance and advanced techniques in the art of handmade crafts.
6. Parajsa Jonë (Our Paradise) will train women in rural areas of Lipjan Municipality in horticulture and entrepreneurship.
7. The Association of Women Farmers “Krusha e Vogel” will economically empower women in rural areas in villages of Krusha e Vogel and Has through seminars in business management, marketing and milk hygiene, including sharing experiences with farmers from other
8. Lulebora will provide counselling and support gynaecological visits for women and girls living in the Roma neighbourhood of Mitrovica.
This second grant round received funding from the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) and additional support from Kvinna till Kvinna (KtK).