As part of the regional Action “Furthering Gender Equality through the EU Accession Process”, Reactor – Research in Action and implementing partners, including here the Kosovo Women’s Network (KWN), have awarded a total of 30 grants to civil society organizations (CSOs) from 6 countries (North Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina), amounting to € 409.744.
The awarded projects, amounting up to 15.000 euros per grant, that will be implemented in the following 18 months, will tackle issues regarding gender equality, advancing the position of women in all segments of life.
CSOs in the region that will receive grants include:
- Together for life
- ALTRI – Albanian Legal and Territorial Research Institite
- “Qendra e Gruas “”Hapa te Lehte”” / Women Center “”Light Steps”””
- “Ne Dobi Te Komunitetit / Useful to women, communities and people in need SH.D.F.K.SH.P”
- Albanian Women in Audiovisual – AWA
- Gender Alliance for Development Centre
Bosnia and Herzegovina:
- Center to Support Organizations “Censor”
- United Women Foundation Banja Luka
- CURE Fondation
- Roma women Association “Bolja buducnost” city of Tuzla
- Gruaja Hyjnore
- Minority communities center
- EcoKosWomen – EKW
- Committee of Blind Women of Kosovo
- Advocacy Center for Democratic Culture – ACDC
- Helsinki Committee for Human Rights
- Glasen Tekstilec
- Finance Think
- Rural Coalition
- Humanitarno Zdruzenie “Majka”
- Women’s Organization of Strumica
- “Savez slijepih Crne Gore / Union of the blind of Montenegro”
- Montenegrin LGBTIQ Association – Queer Montenegro
- Institute Alternative (IA)
- “Zenska Alijansa za Razvoj / Women’s Alliance for Development”
- Association Spectra
- Association of Youth with Disabilities of Montenegro
- “Fondacija ARKA / Foundation ARKA”
- “Drustvo za Razvoj Kreativnosti / Association for Development of Creativity”
- A 11 – Initiative for Economic and Social Rights
The financial support to local (W)CSOs through this sub-granting initiative aims at: (1) enhancing the capacities of CSOs to engage more effectively with governments, EUD/EUO and other CSOs in the region, while making these actors more aware of the gender dimensions of the EU Accession process and of their importance and agency; (2) improving accountability of governments and EUD/EUO in implementing their commitments to gender equality and women’s rights during these processes.
The grant recipients were selected from a total of 96 applicants, based on an established criteria. The Grant Review Committee was comprised of member representatives of implementing partner organizations in the Action, including: Reactor – Research in Action from North Macedonia, Kosovo Women’s Network from Kosovo, AWEN – Albanian Women Empowerment Network from Albania, Rights for All from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Women’s Rights Center from Montenegro and the Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation from Sweden through its North Macedonia office.
The Action “Furthering Gender Equality through the EU Accession Process” centers around enhancing regional cooperation of women’s civil society organizations (WCSOs), research and gender analyses for informing policies, evidence-based advocacy and monitoring reforms related to EU Accession aimed at furthering gender equality in the Western Balkans region through the EU Accession Process. This project is funded by the European Union and co-funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida).